13 November 2007

Don't mess with my secret lair!

There's a place on campus where I particularly like to go to read. I'm not going to say where that is (even though most of you know already) because it's a small space and within that small space, there's just one seating apparatus that I like. One seat on the whole of this campus. It's comfy, it has a view of the lake, and it's next to an outlet. I know! Shockingly, I usually don't have to fight for it, either. This is the major reason I'm not telling you where it is. There are lots of other comfy seating arrangements in this... room... but a serious lack of outlets in general. So I more or less understand when someone needs to use it. (Though I'd be lying if I said no irrational rage bubbles up anyway, kind of like when someone sits on the seat on the 81 bus that I always take--of course they don't know, but they somehow should). But yesterday, yesterday!, before I had my computer out and plugged in, some dude took the last outlet spot for his computer and then took a ninety-minute nap on the floor! Oh, my inner Miss Manners was tee-ohed! If that seat were not so cradlingly comfortable and the view not so soothingly serene... I swear I would have done something drastic, like... unplug his machine. Yeah, I know.

No comments: